VP1 valves are sized according to IEC 60534 and ISA75 international sizing equations. Customized calculations and CFD can be adopted for special applications. Valve sizing is performed with latest generation VALPSIZE™ 2.0 sizing tool.
- Noise is evaluated according to customized IEC and VDMA equations.
- Venturi outlet closures can be adopted to better control velocity profiles in steam/gas applications.
- Valve body construction and flanges can be manufactured according to customer specifications. Floating and trunnion control ball valves replicate the standard features that are implemented in the on-off valves.
- Materials: solid metal alloys can be adopted as well as weld overlays in Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRA).
- Metal to metal seal contact is available as a standard solution, leakage rate Class V. Soft seated valves are for clean fluids and tight shut off applications.
- Special plates design and high peak frequencies allow standard noise reduction up to 20dB(A) thanks to velocity control (Fig. 6).
- Liquid Recovery Factor up to 0.96 thanks to special plates design and multiple pressure drop stage (Fig. 7-8).
- Real rangeability up to 200:1 with standard trim. Customized trim can be adopted to increase the rangeability to 300:1 and above.
- Resistors can be installed to increase valve performance. When required 30Db(A) noise reduction can be reached with combined solutions.
- High Inherent Cv value (i.e. VP1-L 4” with Cv=500 vs globe valve 4” with Cv=160-200: this implies that an 8” globe valve is required to compare the capacity) (Fig. 9).
- VP1 valves are intrinsically self-cleaning trim and they are suitable to handle 2-phase fluids, pulp, flashing liquids and dirty fluids.
- Cryogenic and high temperature design is available.
- VP2 design is available for special and very severe applications.
- Valves are also available with a V-shaped ball in the following standard design (Fig. 10). Customized V-shape balls are available upon request to better respond to the required process conditions. Various type of liquids, gases and steam can be controlled by these valves. Soft seats are standard. Metal to metal seats are available for high temperatures and dirty or slurry conditions.